Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I think I'll go to Boston...

To DC, or not to DC? That was the question of the day, yesterday. We had these high hopes of adding another stop to our trip and then once we evaluated it based upon most hostels being booked, it being cold and us only having bike clothes we decided DC is for another trip all together. We will enjoy it more when it isn't tacked onto another trip, especially one that hasn't been smooth since the getgo.

We are on the train north now. I'm feeling tired and ready to sleep in my amazing bed, get back to day to day life and kick this year off.

While I'm still disappointed that this trip didn't pan out remotely as planned a lot of amazing and fun things have been experienced, and for that I don't regret a thing.

Last night we laughed until our stomachs hurt as we made lists of hilariousness from this trip, which further confirmed how the trip was great regardless. I think we both have gotten a lot out of it and it was not remotely a waste of time or energy. At this point though, the time and energy has been spent and it is time to be home again.

I'm looking forward to not having to lug bundles of things around, or box and unbox and rebox our bikes over and over for the trains.

Most of all I'm looking forward to seeing what 2011 has in store for me. 2010 had many high points but overall it was a challenging year. I'm hoping in 2011 things feel like they fall into place for me, but the lesson is that they may not fall into place according to my plans but they fall into a place none the less.

Glimpses of our lists to come later, before we sign over and out...

Cheers,
Esther
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment